Sunday, September 14, 2008

High Fiber Recipe!

I just started my diet today and here's a recipe that's high in fiber and low in carbs. I was wanting something with a little bite, but lots of fiber. The tuna salad is canned tuna, a little bit of mayo and Parmesan cheese, and mixed with lots of my favorite veggies. It has been pretty satisfying for me.


High Fiber Crackers

1 cup wheat bran

2/3 cup flax seed meal

1/3 cup wheat flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 egg

2 Tbs olive oil

milk

Preheat to 350 Fahrenheit. Mix dry ingredients, add egg and olive oil. Add just enough milk for dough to form a ball. Place between parchment paper on cookie sheet. Roll out to 1/8 inch. Be sure not to make edges too thin. If edges are thin push them lightly back toward the center. Remove top layer of parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, use pizza cutter to cut into crackers. Let cool.

No comments: