Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ham and Bean Soup

I made this for dinner in about 30 minutes. I love canned beans for this very reason. I didn't have celery so I used celery salt. Use celery if you have it on hand. I topped it with those great high fiber crackers.



Ham and Bean Soup

1/2 lb cubed ham

1 Onion

2 Carrots

2 stalks celery or 1/2 tsp celery salt

1 tsp paprika

1/2 tsp pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder

2 cans Great Northern Beans

2 cups water

olive oil

fresh herb and crackers (optional)

Brown ham with olive oil in stock pot. Meanwhile chop onion, celery, and carrot in food processor. Add vegetable mixture to stock pot and lightly cook for five minutes. Add beans, water, garlic powder, pepper, paprika and celery salt if you don't have celery. Add salt to taste. Top with any fresh herb you have on hand and crushed crackers. Yum Yum!

No comments: